Yesterday's art fair was a fabulous experience. I loved meeting people, getting an idea of what pieces of art you gravitate to, and getting an idea of what people are interested in. It also felt great to get one of these events under my belt. I've been wishing to be an artist in an art fair since I was my son's age so this was a long time dream come true. I enjoyed myself all day- my smile was HUGE. It was mid 90's and sweltering, but I had a blast. It certainly helped that my husband was so supportive and encouraging. He stayed by me all day. I am SO grateful for his help.
This week I'll be playing catch up. It sounds like the grown up version of a child's game, doesn't it? And maybe if I approach it as a game it won't be quite so daunting. But after taking a week long vacation in early July and spending another week or so throwing all my energy into my first art show appearance I feel in dire need to "catch up" on the rest of what's important.
Here's the list:
- I need to catch up on housecleaning.
- I need to catch up on some rest time (hopefully by spending time with my family)
- I need to spend some down time with my little boy who's been going going going..
Now some fun stuff:
- I want to catch up on YOU! Writing a few blog posts, reading your blogs, replying to your comments, and getting back into the swing of things.
- I also want to get some more art listed on etsy and maybe do a little creating just for the thrill of it. We'll see.
Tomorrow I'll give you a close up look at some of the details that went into art show. I was super blessed to have a friend's help with the design and I can't wait to give you the tour. My shopping bags turned out pretty cute too. I used fabric cut outs to make my recycled grocery bags pretty cute. So see you here tomorrow!!!