Prep Work. It kind of says it all right there. Prep is something we do in advance to make something ready, usually in anticipation of a commitment of time or otherwise. Work is the mundane, repetitive things we do in order to achieve something greater. My life seems to consist of a lot of prep and work right now. Here's some of the things I've been working on:
- Wire work- so I can stitch up a few more flowers to send to my editor and designer to play around with as they work on the layout and design of the book.
- Writing up an article to send off to a magazine.
- Researching the blogging world, who's here, which platforms are the best, what are my options with say, Wordpress vs. Blogger.
- Improving my blog. I'm no html genius so it's been going a little slowly.
- I'm saying no to my son quite a bit lately, and taking the time to explain the right and wrong in situations. Really I'd rather not have to, but we're building character :).
- Gardens- I've done a bit of pruning and raking trying to ready the space for spring.
- Home- I honestly haven't put enough time in and the place needs a spring cleaning bad.
- Projects- I've done quite a bit of gesso-ing over old paintings and boxes lately, preparing to paint them. I've also been helping a friend prepare the decorations for an event she's sponsoring in May. Again, the end result is going to be fabulous!
What are you preparing for? What do you find yourself doing now, to prepare for future success? Where do you put your time and effort? Just some thoughts I had this morning.... :)